Post 10: English Language Challenges


Hi everyone
Well, this is the last English blog I'll do this year.
I must say that sometimes it cost me to write what I wanted to say, however, I enjoyed throughout the semester writing about the various topics that the teacher requested.

I feel that having created this blog, it will be a nice memory after I have finished my university career, and I will remember the teacher Rosa Zagal and the course with love.

With this subject, I was able to improve certain aspects of my English, such as grammar and vocabulary increase. However, I feel that my level of English is not yet adequate, because in my school I never had a good English educational base.

I plan to continue improving my English, and for this, I want to enroll in a part time English Institute, to learn English while I continue my postgraduate in Social System Theory

All these plans that I have planned to do in my future, are due to the fact that I know that English is fundamental today in order to achieve an elevated academic development, since most articles, theses, books and important academic journals are in English.

On the other hand, English is not only for academic development, but for everyday life, because we are in an increasingly globalized world, where for a few decades, English has become the universal language and hegemonic . This leads to the great part of the cultural industry that people consume, be in English, as are books, movies, music, among other products and services.

Finally, it is necessary to be aware that a high management of the English language means an increase of cultural capital, which in turn translates into social prestige, which is extremely useful in a society like Chile, where prestige plays a important role in different fields, such as labor, economic and social


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Emile Durkheim: The Suicide

Post 8: Personal Opinion